February 3rd, 2012
1. Welcome & Prayer
2. Get snacks, etc. Thank you Rosemary – snacks
3. Introduce any new members (sign clipboard) and outline what we do
4. Collection ($2) and update – treasurer’s report
5. Anyone had anything published or pending publication since last month?
6. Computer/blogging - Amanda - worksheets. Logo?
7. Homework sharing ( - bring a piece of work [WIP] along with the following: Working Title; audience; where you are submitting with details about the publisher/editor or periodical OR an idea of where you would like to submit. You have to tell us why it fits this particular market or publisher. This can be poetry, a chapter or portion of a chapter from a novel, an article, a short story, devotion, photograph with appropriate caption or story; song [must be played/sung after reading!]
8. We will wait until next meeting to talk about INSCRIBE and other writing organizations
9. Grammatically speaking - Round 2 (below) 8 Parts of Speech – focus on Nouns!
10. CD presentation. Commando Reconstructing of Non-Fiction Manuscripts – Don Bastien (No time)
11. Next meeting date? _13th - April ? NOT Good Friday_____________
12. Snacks? Amanda - April
Eight Parts of Speech
1. Nouns are words that name people, places, things, or ideas.
2. Pronouns are words that take the place of nouns.
3. Verbs are words that show an action or a state of being.
4. Adjectives are words that describe nouns or pronouns.
5. Adverbs are words that describe verbs, adjectives, or other adverbs.
6. Prepositions are words that describe the relationship between a noun or pronoun and some other word or element in the rest of the sentence.
7. Conjunctions are words that join two or more words, phrases, or clauses.
8. Interjections are words that show emotion